Fast, effective and immediate
The Dental Emergency Room
Dental ER at The Dental Emergency Room
Dental emergencies services
Emergencies especially, dental emergencies can’t be planned for, however getting quick treatment can help to ease the pain suffered while also drastically increasing the chances of the injured teeth being saved. Certain emergencies need near instantaneous attention while others have to be dealt with at the earliest convenience. If for example, a tooth has broken, a crown or filling g has become dislodged or any other emergency pertaining to dentition has occurred, it is imperative to contact The Dental Emergency Room.
Knocked-Out ToothIf a tooth is knocked out, it is imperative to schedule an appointment at The Dental Emergency Room immediately. The tooth has a chance of being saved if it is put back before an hour has elapsed. Once the tooth has been found, it is important to do the following:
• Pick the tooth up by making contact only with the crown, rinse it with warm water and ensure the root is not touched.
• If possible place the tooth into its socket or place it in water, saliva or milk. The aim is to not let the tooth dry out.
• Immediately head to a dentist.
Lost Filling or Crown
Typically, a filling it a crown becomes loose while a person is chewing and this leaves the tooth open to changes in temperature and pressure. It is best to make an appointment when this happens. The crown should be stored in a dry and cool place, which could help The Dental Emergency Room dentists should they choose to reinsert it
Before the scheduled appointment:• Clove oil can be applied on the tooth to soothe pain.
• The crown should be cleaned and then fixed to the tooth using dental cement. Only dental cement purchased at a pharmacy should be used.
• Should the crown be lost, dental cement can be placed atop the tooth to help alleviate discomfort.